Since I’ve temporarily suspended posting music videos here at PA, I’m happy to report that Tammy Booth has posted a bunch of Sacred Steel videos at the WaMo Facebook page.
Here are some final items of the day:
* TNR’s Molly Redden has a fascinating account of Scott Walker’s destructive drive to cash in on fracking boom in North Dakota.
* Firearm discharges in Memphis kindergarten student’s backpack. No one hurt, miraculously, but let’s don’t overreact and wind up with only the “bad guy” toddlers packing heat.
* The Atlantic‘s Elspeth Reeve reports that last batch of Nixon White House tapes does indeedy contain the usual slurs about Jews and other minorities.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys explains why America is better at detecting official corruption than in punishing it.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer calls Obama’s college cost initiative a promising and impressive start in dealing with a complex problem.
And in non-political news:
* Technical glitch shuts down trading at NASDAQ for more than three hours today, with no apparent adverse consequences.
That’s it for the day. Go over to the Facebook page for a valedictory tune, or just hum something appropriate to yourself.