So the techies are testing the impact of today’s modest ration of music videos against a high-volume day, and we’ll know more soon. Blog and learn.
Here are some midday news items for your consumption:
* Breaking news: Nidal Hasan, the Fort Hood shooter, found guilty on all counts and could face death penalty.
* Here, finally, is the transcript for the president’s speech on college affordability in Buffalo yesterday.
* The Southern Poverty Law Center’s Hatewatch has the alarming story of a North Dakota town being taken over by white supremacists.
* Felix Salmon cites NASDAQ incident yesterday as evidence that data crashes are “inevitable and mostly harmless.”
* At TAP Jonathan Bernstein makes the case against the case against funny-looking legislative districts.
And in non-political news:
* Delta Airlines edges tobacco company for title of “Least Respected Company in America” according to survey of brand reputations.
Back after a lunch break. Here’s the incomparable voice of Joan Baez performing “The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti:”