There will be a brief pause in blogging this afternoon as I appear on KCRW’s fine public radio show To the Point, hosted by the best in the business, Warren Olney.
* New Pew survey show surge in opposition to military strikes on Syria, with 63% now opposed, including majorities of Ds, Rs and indies.
* Russia, UK and even Syria react positively to Kerry suggestion war could be avoided by Syrian turnover of chemical weapons.
* At AFL-CIO convention, Elizabeth Warren decries “corporate takeover of the federal courts.”
* Final polls continue to show Bill de Blasio getting close to 40% needed to avoid runoff in New York Democratic mayor primary tomorrow.
* Cantor memo hints at GOP fiscal strategy with lots of smoke but only real demand the implementation of the next sequester.
And in non-political news:
* Canadian pension fund and Ares Management buy Neiman-Marcus for $6 billion.
Back after the radio show. Here’s a tune from another musician born in Chattanooga: Yusef Lateef with “In the Evening.”