Cheated on early lunch, chowing down on Spam brought back from vacation. Yes, I know….
But here are some midday snacks for your consumption. Some are even good for you:
* Before we get too tangled up in debt limit “debate,” Kevin Drum wants to remind us: “The Deficit is Falling. The Deficit is Falling.”
* Muller explains global warming “pause” not same as “end.”
* House conservatives mostly buying Boehner’s strategy of mostly caving on CR (though perhaps with some relatively small Obamacare riders) but Going Big on debt limit. Too bad. I’d definitely check the fine print.
* Bloomberg survey shows respondents by 50/43 margin saying Congress should accept Obamacare as “law of the land” and stop messing with it. But 61% favor (unspecified) spending cuts as part of debt limit bill.
* Daniel Henninger offers rare conservative opinion suggesting Republicans leave Obamacare alone in order to let it, and apparently the whole New Deal/Great Society legacy, collapse.
And in non-political news:
* Turns out Wal-Mart still selling Paula Deen’s products until inventories depleted, despite much-bruited ending of “relationship.”
For those of you who share my despair at the acting out of Nietzsche’s theory of Eternal Recurrence when it comes to fiscal discussions in Washington, here’s the Captain again with “Same Old Blues.”