Don’t know how many of you have already begun your Thanksgiving Holiday (and special thanks to those who will still be working Thursday, making it possible for the rest of us to relax), but we’ll be on the X-tra Lite Blogging schedule tomorrow, as befits a major holiday where most readers will presumably be stuffing themselves and catching up with family and friends.
Glad to hear the hospital cafeteria’s doing a Thanksgiving Feast, though I still hope to drag my tireless stepmother, who has barely left my father’s room for going on two weeks now, somewhere less hectic.
And Happy Hanukkah, since that festival begins tonight.
Here are some remains of the day:
* The delay in online enrollment of small businesses in the special Obamacare exchange designed for their use announced by the administration today is obviously not good news, but not a huge setback, either, since offline enrollment is well underway.
* Digby shares her amusement with us at Rush Limbaugh’s confused response to Pope Francis’ criticism of “unfettered” capitalism. Hey Rush: get one of your staff to look up “Leo XIII” for you.
* Berlosconi expelled from Italy’s Senate, mainly due to tax fraud conviction.
* At Ten Miles Square, Mark Kleiman wonders why everyone accepts shaky evidence of health benefits of moderate drinking, but many don’t accept similar evidence for moderate cannabis use.
* Also at Ten Miles Square, Gregory Koger explains the apparently irrational behavior of Republicans in inviting the “nuclear option.”
And in non-political news:
* Reports that Angelina Jolie bought Lake Mahopac island for Brad Pitt debunked by owner. Sorry if this news disappoints anyone.
That’s it for this Thanksgiving Eve. Let’s end our Jimi Hendrix birthday commemoration with audio of a live performance of the sublime “Little Wing” in 1968.