I haven’t seen the numbers yet, but like a child hoping for a pony, I’m optimistic this penultimate day of our annual fundraiser has been a success, with many of you discovering additional spare change under the sofa cushions and the car seats and making a tax-deductible donation to WaMo and its worthy works. Thank you so much.
* Pew survey shows that for first time that a plurality of Republicans now disbelieve in evolution.
* At WaPo’s Plum Line, our own Ryan Cooper argues Democrats should just come right out and call for small boost in budget deficit to pay for extension of UI benefits.
* Brother Benen totes up the Sunday Show appearances for 2013, and as expected, Republicans rule the airwaves.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humpreys shares his experience with a “helicopter parent” (someone who hovers).
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses the idea of making colleges accountable for student loan defaults.
And in non-political news:
* Another NFL firing, with Vikings coach Leslie Frazier hitting the bricks.
Let’s end with a final plea: Tommy Reinxeed’s cover of ABBA’s “Money Money Money.”