Well, the hard news didn’t get much more abundant as the day went on, but it got more amusing. I do hope you read the post on the Hobby Lobby issue; it’s going to be a biggie when the Court rules, and a big part of conservative agitprop before and maybe after that.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Bill Schneider argues that a liberal Democratic president at war with a conservative Congress is “the new normal” in American politics for the foreseeable future.
* Racist email from former Walker chief-of-staff found in big batch released as part of investigation into his Milwaukee County executive tenure. No telling what else the dumpster dive will turn up.
* Lindsay Graham primary opponent starts using video of the incumbent praising Hillary Clinton. Big question is whether he can find money to put behind this sort of attack.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys mulls the powerful stereotypes created by popular culture about prison conditions–and other public policy issues where experts struggle to get a hearing.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer makes the case for Iowa State University being the best college in America. Next time I wear my Iowa State Fair souvenir t-shirt featuring ISU’s bird mascot “Cy” gnawing a turkey leg, I’ll wear it with pride!
And in non-political news:
* Facebook acquires WhatsApp for $16 billion in cash and stock.
That’s it for Wednesday. Let’s close with one more tune from Tommy: “Go To the Mirror,” again from the 1970 Isle of Wight festival.