Ah, this week seemed to crawl by on itty-bitty uncoordinated centipede legs. Good vicious 2014 party primaries can’t get here fast enough.
Here are some remains of this day:
* Friday snark: Daily Beast notice on Sarah Palin’s new TV show Amazing America refers to her as a “former TV reality star” and only secondarily as a former governor of Alaska and Veep nominee.
* Venezuelan president threatens to expel CNN reporters for their coverage of anti-government protests. Will that undercut conservative criticism of “Clinton News Network”? Nah.
* Give ’em a piece of your mind: Tucson pizzeria posts sign reading: “We Reserve Right To Refuse Service to Arizona Legislators.”
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys makes case against content “advisories” in movie reviews.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses colleges that deceptively charge for financial aid applications that are supposed to be free.
And in non-political news:
* Shocking news: “Trendy” bacon can be bad for your health! Who knew?
That’s it for the week. Kathleen Geier is back at the controls for PA’s Weekend Blogging. Let’s close with Blind Willie Johnson performing the upbeat gospel tune, “Trouble Soon Be Over” in 1927. Don’t know the name of the woman performing with him, but she’s wonderful, as is the counterpoint footage of cotton field toil.