Looking forward to a weekend of TV binge-watching and less moonlighting work than I’ve been doing. Hurry EST sundown!
But for now, here are some midday news/views treats:
* So immediately after writing a post on my indifferent reaction to Jimmy Fallon’s promotion, I ran across a column by Brent Bozell and his suddenly acknowledged ghost-writer acting as though Fallon is a huge “political asset” for the satanic Obama. Go figure.
* Early elections key to shaky truce in Ukraine.
* Alyssa Rosenberg sadly reflects on how TV depictions of Washington suffer from being filmed elsewhere out of lust for state tax credits.
* Interesting take on Chris Christie’s diminished stage presence in his return to the town-hall format where he once used to browbeat enemies to hearty cheers.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Huge global brouhaha explodes over scoring in yesterday’s women’s ice skating final at Sochi, where home cooking seemed to give Russian a gold medal many think she didn’t entirely earn.
As we break for lunch, here’s some slide guitar genius from Blind Willie Johnson in “Dark Was the Night.”