I hope those of you who are celebrating Mardi Gras tonight have plenty of safe fun and don’t take any selfies that might incriminate you later. I’ll be watching Texas primary returns, which is rather sad.
Here are some remains of the day:
* It had to happen: Lindsay Graham blames Russian adventurism towards Ukraine on Benghazi!.
* Mark Liebovich has amusing piece on endless social media slugfest going on between D and R kiddie spox in Kentucky, which sounds oddly disconnected from actual campaigns.
* New Pew survey on Hillary Clinton shows her in pretty solid shape, with 67% approving her performance as SecState despite Benghazi! drumbeat.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket argues mega-donor networks a sign of a structural shift in the major parties, not their dissolution.
* At College Guide, Andre Perry calls on higher education institutions to intervene in helping to prevent public school closings.
And in non-political news:
* Lovable retail dinosaur Radio Shack to close up to 1,100 stores. I bet it includes the only one in my area. Sigh.
That’s it for Fat Tuesday. I’ll get around to writing about Jonathan Rauch’s article, still another part of our “pot package” in the new issue of the Washington Monthly, tomorrow morning.
Let’s close today with a tribute to those of you who associate the final day before Lent with the consumption of pancakes rather than hootch. Here’s Frank Zappa with “St. Alphonzo’s Pancake Breakfast”: