Happy Friday, or as it is sometimes known in both public and private schools during Lent: “Fish Stick Day!”
Here are some midday breaded snacks:
* An “Izzy” award for independent media work won by John Carlos Frey, author of the May/June 2013 Washington Monthly piece on deadly Border Control gunfire into Mexico.
* Massachusetts legislature first to enact criminal sanctions for “upskirting.”
* Paul Ryan’s “brown paper bag” anecdote at CPAC about child ashamed of free school lunches getting savaged from every direction.
* McCain calls Obama “delusional” for thinking Cold War over. Guess all that religious imagery and capitalist advertising at Sochi was just an illusion.
* Prospect‘s Scott Lemieux condemns “cowardice” of 7 Senate Democrats who helped kill nomination of Debo Adegbile.
And in non-political news:
* Interesting presentation by NewsWhip on what major newspaper front pages would look like if laid out according to reader preferences as reflected in social media data.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Little Feat, with one of my favorites: “Two Trains,” from the Dixie Chicken album.