I’m going through some logistical craziness today that would be amusing if it was happening to someone else, so pardon the occasional typo from squinting at a computer screen in the passenger seat of a car.
Here are some midday news/views items glimpsed along the road:
* Phyllis Schlafly suggests pay equity will screw up income-based mating. It would be fun to ask GOP pols if they agree with that argument.
* New Census methodology for collecting data on health insurance will make measurements of Obamacare’s impact even more difficult than they are right now.
* Landrieu making fights with Obama administration over oil & gas issues fodder for her campaign ads.
* 2014 Pulitzers go to WaPo and Guardian for NSA revelations.
* Wyoming county comes in first in the country in average federal taxes paid.
And in non-political news:
* Boston commemorates first anniversary of Marathon bombings.
As we break for lunch, here’s Bessie Smith again with “Lost Your Head Blues.”