Hope the weather’s half as nice where you are this Earth Day as it is outside my window.
Here are some sun-soaked midday treats:
* Airwaves clogged with ads in FL-19 as three Republican candidates in special primary to replace coke-addled Rep. Trey Radel each benefit from over a million smackers in buys.
* Republican legislator pulls bill making King James Bible Lousiana’s Official State Book, saying it had become a “distraction.” Plus he made his point to his biblicist constituents.
* About 5,000 activists expected to join Cowboy and Indian Alliance protests in DC this week against Keystone XL pipeline.
* Here’s link to Lyle Denniston’s preview at SCOTUSblog of today’s oral arguments in ABC v. Aereo case.
* U.S. forces in Afghanistan expected to drop below 10,000 shortly.
And in non-political news:
* Well before third and final season of The Newsroom airs on HBO this fall, creator Aaron Sorkin is apologizing for whole series. Glad I haven’t bothered with it.
As we break for lunch, here’s more earthy music: Marvin Gaye’s “Mercy Mercy Me (the Ecology):”