Had dinner last night with church friends who are living in a retirement community. I could get used to the ambiance there, plus the not-working thing. Too bad.
Here are some midday news/views treats:
* Self-funding Tea Party guy wins special primary in FL-19. Year of the Republican Establishment not off to the best start.
* Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signs “guns everywhere” bill. Now you can rest assured person sitting in the next pew or at the next barstool could be packing heat.
* Speaking of heat-packers, Cliven Bundy attracting quite the motley crew of deranged and heavily armed supporters.
* New JAMA survey shows contraception coverage mandate supported by 69% of respondents.
* Norm Ornstein takes another whack at Green Lantern expections of Obama.
And in non-political news:
* Chicago’s Wrigley Field marks 100th birthday.
As we break for lunch, here’s Garry Moore again, with “King of the Blues.”