A personal note of thanks to Jon Bruning for conceding the very close Nebraska GOP gubernatorial primary before all the votes were in, enabling me to reach closure on my TPMCafe column and then head to Sleepy Town.
Here are some midday news/views items for your reading consumption:
* ThinkProgress on a roll today: it finds highly inflammatory statement supporting unconditional “religious liberty” on website of newly minted GOP Senate nominee Ben Sasse.
* On Hannity show, Rand Paul continues to backtrack on statements bad-mouthing voter ID laws.
* Gallup says anti-incumbent sentiment remains very high. But it was, too, in ’12, when 90% of incumbents re-elected.
* Predictably, AP story on Nebraska primary downplays Tea Party victory. After all, it’s the Year of the Republican Establishment, doncha know.
* Chuck Todd wonders if GOP efforts to question HRC’s age conflict with party’s Cult of Reagan, elected at age 69. C’mon, Chuck, he was no mere mortal!
And in non-political news:
* Yet another scary thing for Floridians to worry about, if Burmese pythons and Rick Scott aren’t enough: dive-bombing red-tail hawks!
As we break for lunch, here’s more Walter Trout, covering Hendrix’s “Red House.”