We’ll be on our Major Federal Holiday Ultra-Lite Blogging schedule Monday. If there’s big news, though, I’ll cover it.
Here are some remains of the day.
* Illuminating Isaac Chotiner account at TNR about what happened when he was invited onto a conservative talk show to discuss reparations. Let’s just say the host had a lot of trouble sticking to the topic.
* Employees forced to take leave or go without pay as state government building repaired in–you guessed it–Scott Walker’s Wisconsin.
* At Ten Miles Square, Chad Stanton discusses the overtones and undertones of the GOP effort to limit summer food aid to rural kids.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer points out that most of the controversial commencement speakers whose speeches are being cancelled are backing out, not being “disinvited.”
And in non-political news:
* Mobile BayBears first baseman homers in five consecutive at-bats.
That’s it for the day and week. Martin Longman will be back for Weekend Blogging. In a final musical tribute to outlaws, here’s Ry Cooder performing “Jesse James.”