I’m on a plane about to take off for the Central Coast, so there will be a brief blogging hiatus.
Here are some midday news/views snacks from the meal cart:
* Weird conference call for Team Cochran breaks up as apparent interloper shouts racist questions.
* Ted Cruz making ludicrous claim that proposed constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United would repeal First Amendment.
* Shadow in generally positive June jobs report: a million more Americans confined to part-time jobs.
* Damon Linker argues Hobby Lobby shows Christian Right on the ropes. More about that later.
* At Plum Line, Paul Waldman wonders how many good jobs reports it will take for Obama to start getting credit for improving economy.
And in non-political news:
* Bill Connelly assesses future of U.S. Men’s Soccer team.
As we break for lunch, here’s CS&N performing “Southern Cross.”