At Lunch Buffet I was too outraged about the Emmys to mention this morning’s spectacular sunrise over the Monterey Bay. Sometimes the early-morning PDT blogging beat is worth the pain.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Des Moines Register devotes an article to the appearance of an “Iowans4JoeManchin” twitter handle. Must be a really slow news day in Des Moines.
* Didn’t get much buzz here, but some British Tories are real excited about my advice to the Reformicons.
* House clears job training reform bill by wide bipartisan margin, sending it to Obama. Lord knows it was needed.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein calls the withering away of statehouse media coverage “a real setback to democracy.”
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer thinks new idea of blaming high schools for inferior college preparation misses the real problem of the number of poor kids attending them.
And in non-political news:
* Rosie O’Donnell returning to The View. Oughta be fun if network hires Sarah Palin, too.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with one more bit of monkey business: The Pixies performing “Monkey Gone To Heaven” circa 1989.