Week just flew by, which is nice in the short term, not so much in the long run.
Here are some less forbidding midday news/views treats:
* WaPo’s Philip Bump argues Chris McDaniel’s legal avenues for securing a new election are rapidly running out.
* Just-released House testimony shows military officers exploding “stand-down order” claim that the Obama administration stopped available military assistance at Benghazi!.
* As evidence pouring in that Obamacare is helping the uninsured, GOPers now claiming their concerns all along had to do with something–anything–else (premiums, cancellations, Medicare, whatever). More about this later.
* Other shoe drops as economists downgrade GDP growth estimates for 2014 after surprise 1st quarter contraction, but don’t change long-term expectations for recovery.
* Greg Sargent notes conservative groups looking seriously at fighting border funding despite the political risk.
And in non-political news:
*LeBron James returning to Cleveland. So successful GOP Convention bid turns out to be second biggest story in that city this week.
As we break for lunch, here’s Babe Ruth with “Sad But Rich.” Some flaws in this performance, but still a fine rockin’ song.