A horrendous day all right.
Here are some remainders:
* Greg Sargent supplies facts & figures on efforts already made to boost border security, and suggests Democrats start talking about them.
* At TNR Julia Ioffe argues downing of Malaysian airliner, regardless of who’s responsible, means Russia-Ukraine struggle is completely “out of control.”
* At The Atlantic, Peter Beinart fears HRC is repeating “American exceptionalist” bromides that are central to conservative critiques of Obama foreign policy.
* At Ten Miles Square, Ramesh Ponnuru lays into “statistical cranks” on Right fanning imaginary inflation fears.
And in non-political news:
* Wild bank robbery and firefight in Stockton, CA, leaves two robbers and a hostage dead.
That’s it for Thursday. We’ll close with Johnny Winter performing “I Can’t Be Satisfied” with Muddy Waters in Pennsylvania in 1977.