The temptation to eat bad-for-me food is really overwhelming here in Georgia. Indulged in the fried green tomato bacon & cheese sandwich at Doug’s Place in Emerson on Sunday, but it hasn’t cured the craving entirely.
Here are some less lethal midday snacks:
* Lloyd Grove speculates about successor to “Dead Head Talking” David Gregory as moderator of Meet the Press (or just Meet as Beltway types often call it).
* Twitter boasts of its diversity efforts.
* Excellent profile of Michelle Nunn’s campaign style as “grit, but no red meat,” by Atlanta Journal-Constitution‘s Jim Galloway.
* Nicholas Kristof provides “Idiot’s Guide to Inequality” for people who can’t make it through Piketty.
* At TNR Rebecca Leber notes that even Pentagon testimony doesn’t convince Republicans to take climate change seriously.
And in non-political news:
* New commercial airline mystery arises with disappearance of Air Algerie flight over northern Mali.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Magic Sam, with “Looking Good.” Sure sounding good.