Soon as I bragged about the temperate weather in Georgia this week, I got caught in a torrential downpour and then the thermometer hit over 90. Figures.
Here are some remains of the day:
* More bad polling news for Sam Brownback.
* At House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing, Rep. Curt Clawson (R-FL) mistakes two high-ranking Obama administration officials for representatives of India, repeatedly asking them about “your country.” Glad this dude got a spot on Foreign Affairs.
* Israeli cabinet rejects Kerry cease-fire proposal, but announces unilateral 12-hour truce.
* At Ten Miles Square, James Wimberly marvels at the “principled folly of American libertarians” in their resistance to Obamacare.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer takes a dim view of the idea that Ivy League schools cause the moral pathologies evident all over American society.
And in non-political news:
* Fungus spread by Asian beetles killing trees across Everglades. Aren’t the Burmese Pythons enough?
That’s it for Friday. David Atkins and D.R. Tucker will be in the house tomorrow for Weekend Blogging. Let’s close with one more Big Mama Thornton tune, this time showing her harmonica chops, performing “Rock Me” in 1971.