I have some time-sensitive and labor-intensive family business to conduct, so I’m wrapping up a bit early today.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Three-judge panel of 5th Circuit Court of Appeals strikes down Mississippi’s abortion restriction law, saving (at least temporarily) the state’s only abortion clinic.
* George Zimmerman at it again: “patrolling” (but not at the owner’s request) outside a recently robbed Florida gun shop.
* Republicans continue to hype underwhelming Wehby Senate candidacy in Oregon.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein discusses continuing GOP “tantrum” holding up executive branch nominations.
* At College Guide, Jon Marcus reports 31 million Americans have college credits but no degree.
And in non-political news:
* Circulation up, but profits down 21%, at New York Times.
That’s it for Tuesday. Let’s close with one more Cream performance, of a song every garage band was playing in 1968: “Sunshine of Your Love.”