I’ll be in Iowa from Saturday til Tuesday, mainly to attend the State Fair and visit friends, but you never know what politicians you’ll bump into there.
Here are some midday news/views snacks-on-a-stick:
* Alec MacGillis has the essential backgrounder on militarization of police after 9/11.
* Rand Paul attacks militarization of the police, too, but of course attributes it to Big Government.
* New UK general election forecast suggests another coalition government despite collapse of LibDems.
* Chuck Todd Meet the Press gig to be finally announced today.
* At Daily Beast, Patricia Murphy reports that those “losing” right-wing SuperPACs are having great fundraising year.
And in non-political news:
* The Upshot offers very cool charts about migration among the states over time.
As we break for lunch, here’s Television’s Tom Verlaine performing “Bomb” in 1987.