Guess I should mention that I attended the Iowa State Fair on Saturday and saw the Butter Field of Dreams, among other attractions. But for a variety of reasons (including digestive issues that continue to affect my blogging), only ate one sinfully decadent Fair Food treat: a Bauder’s Peppermint Bar. Yum.
Here are some remains of the day:
* The President speaking speaking about Ferguson and Iraq right now. I may have thoughts about his remarks tomorrow.
* WaPo’s Joby Warrick discusses water crisis associated with Western drought–especially in California’s huge agricultural areas.
* Greg Sargent discusses the advice administration is getting from Democrats on possible expansion of DACA.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys wonders if we shouldn’t be compensating organ donors to meet demand.
* At College Guide, Sara Neufeld notes disproportionate effect of poverty on early learners as argument for expanding pre-K.
And in non-political news:
* AP pre-season CFB poll out with FSU and Bama unsurprisingly ranked 1-2; my Georgia Bulldogs are 12th.
That’s it for Monday. Let’s close with one more Son Seals tune: “On My Knees,” from a TV appearance at some point in the 1980s.