Having some medical issues this week that could disrupt regular blogging, but I’ll try to minimize it as much as possible.
Here are some midday news/views treats from the hospital snack bar (just kidding!):
* Missouri State Police Captain Ron Johnson flashes college fraternity signal in various pix, and some of our woolly-headed friends thought it was a “gang sign.”
* TNR’s Brian Beutler examines conservative fury over Ferguson voter registration drive.
* ISIS-executed James Foley was one of the last Western journalists to have reported from Syria.
* Obama promises “justice” for Foley, could increase airstrikes.
* Pryor first red state Senate candidate to run major ad touting his vote for Obamacare.
And in non-political news:
* Porcine virus causing massive number of deaths in U.S. pig population.
As we break for lunch, here’s Sneaky Pete Kleinow performing with the Burritos on “Lazy Day.”