It’s sort of a Georgia tradition for me to blog from hospital rooms, so here I am visiting an in-law who is, fortunately, about to be released.
Here are some midday news/views treats from the cafeteria:
* At College Guide, Robert Kelchen offers a big picture look at this year’s various college rankings.
* At the Prospect, Robert Kuttner speculates that a Scottish independence vote could set off secession fever elsewhere in Europe and beyond.
* Campaign finance constitutional amendment kept temporarily alive in Senate, but only due to GOP tactical ploy to eat up Senate floor time.
* As Obama prepares for big speech on the IS challenge, ABC/WaPo poll shows more hawkish public and less support for administration’s foreign policy.
* Darrell Issa tops latest list of wealthiest members of Congress.
And in non-political news:
* TechCrunch liveblogging iPhone 6 release.
As we break for lunch, here’s Otis with “Try a Little Tenderness,” recorded in 1967.