Having to deal with two services today that I had all but forgotten about on the Central Coast: air conditioning repair and exterminators.
Here are some cheaper midday news/views treats:
* At TNR, Justin Driver assesses Antonin Scalia’s cumulative effect on SCOTUS.
* Greg Sargent suggests media again spinning events in Middle East to feed war sentiment.
* New SUSA poll of Georgia shows major gains by Democrats Jason Carter (down one point to Nathan Deal among LVs) and Michelle Nunn (down three points to David Perdue among LVs).
* The retiring House member that David Perdue defeated for the Senate nomination in GA, Jack Kingston, admits Republicans want to blame Obama for whatever happens in Iraq and Syria, and thus are avoiding definitive positions.
* Tom Edsall explores the sinister world of 501(c)(4) campaign contributions that’s beneath all the crap about IRS persecution of conservatives.
And in non-political news:
* Rare reviews of last night “harvest moon,” if you missed it.
As we break for lunch, here’s the New York Dolls performing “Bad Girl” in 1973.