You know, I really don’t miss suburban sprawl or blogging in traffic. Probably good to endure both now and then as a reminder.
Here are some less hectic midday news/views items:
* The Onion offers its own rankings of top 6 colleges. Very funny.
* Interesting Shane Goldmacher piece on feud between Rand Paul and powerful Kentucky congressman Hal Rogers.
* Ted Cruz stalks off stage at conference for Middle Eastern Christians after his identification of Israel with his hosts’ cause drew some boos.
* Utah Gov. Gary Herbert reports “conceptual” agreement between HHS and his state on Medicaid waiver to accompany expansion.
* Politico update on GOP rescue mission for Pat Roberts, or as campaign of Greg Orman calls it, a “mudslinging hit squad from Washington.”
And in non-political news:
* Oscar Pistorius cleared of murder charges by judge, but could still face homicide conviction.
As we break for lunch, here’s John Martyn performing “Spencer the Rover” in 1977.