Discovered today that the Tag and Title Office is a lot easier to deal with when you take your mother-in-law who knows everybody there.
Here are some mid-day news/views treats from local bake sales:
* NRA announces plans to run ads in seven Senate races and three gubernatorial races, all on behalf of Republican candidates, of course.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman weighs the odds of various trajectories for the new Benghazi! hearings. Something responsible and boring actually could even happen.
* At MoJo Kevin Drum argues latest incarceration trends reinforce his hypothesis that reducing lead exposure means permanent reduction in violent crime.
* Gallup finds trust in mass media cratering again, matching all-time low.
* Neil Irwin points out actual household income stagnate even as the economy grows.
And in non-political news:
* Lolo Jones first celebrity to get booted off Dance With the Stars this year.
As we break for lunch, here’s Hank Williams’ highly religious alter ego Luke the Drifter performing “Men With Broken Hearts,” accompanied by photos of the homeless.