Finishing up a bit early today in order to get feted a bit for my birthday tomorrow. It could involve barbecue.
Here are some remains of the day:
* House passes short-term CR and adjourns until after November 4.
* Very bad week for Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who is suddenly object of all sorts of anonymous Democratic backbiting.
* At TNR Alec MacGinnis argues that Alison Grimes might have mobilized Kentucky voters she needed by talking about Obamacare’s benefits, which are very notable in that state.
* At Ten Miles Square, Michael O’Hare taunts the NFL for its deserved torment and confusion.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses growing evidence that vocational education programs are good for college prep, too.
And in non-political news:
* Craig Ferguson calls Macy Gray most difficult guest he encoutered on Late, Late Show.
That’s it for Thursday. We’ll close with one more brilliant Jimi Hendrix song that never got the attention it deserved: “Castles Made of Sand.”