Get-well thoughts for Martin Longman, who’s feeling poorly today.
Here are some healthy midday news/views snacks:
* At Salon Digby wonders if Mike Huckabee might be the front-runner the 2016 GOP presidential field has lacked.
* The Guardian provides a guide for puzzled Americans in following the Scottish independence vote.
* Obama plans to be very stringent in approving air strikes in Syria.
* Peter Beinart warns that the “security moms” phenomenon of 2002 could be returning.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman raises a question that has occurred to lots of us: why is IS taking actions designed to encourage greater U.S. intervention?
And in non-political news:
* Pizza Hut debuts “skinny slice” pizzas, latest fast-food effort to get fat profits from lighter fare (usually has not worked).
As we break for lunch, here’s another less famous but fabulous Hendrix song: “I Don’t Live Today,” from Are You Experienced?