I have a new accomplishment to boast of today: “Blogging while interviewing real estate agents.”
Here are some less confusing midday news/views snacks:
* Russians carping about conduct of Scottish independence referendum, apparently in “so’s your old man” gesture aimed at criticism of their own elections.
* Justin Wolfers notes betting markets did better at predicting outcome of Scottish referendum than most polls.
* At TNR, Elaine Teng explains “devo max” agenda Scottish nationalists will push after referendum.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman reflects on new debate over corporal punishment.
* Bob Dole, 91, to thump the tubs for beleaguered Sen. Pat Roberts.
And in non-political news:
* Seems I also share a birthday with Jimmy Fallon, who’s turning 40 today.
As we break for lunch, here’s more David Bromberg, with “I Will Not Be Your Fool.”