Let me wish an easy fast to anyone commemorating Yom Kippur tonight and tomorrow.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Tom DeLay is tanned, relaxed and raring for a political comeback to help fight the “radical Marxist” Obama.
* British article claiming Kim Jong-Un has been overthrown says Pyongyang on “lockdown.” How could you tell?
* Fascinating piece at TNR by American Muslim convert whose tweets about Islam being alien to the spirit of IS somehow generated IS following, complete with marriage proposals.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein explains, for the record, why Lindsey Graham will not be a viable 2016 presidential nominee.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer skeptical about new cheapie business degree from for-profit school that offers courses that “look like a video game.”
And in non-political news:
* Maybe voters won’t care, but Wall Street sure liked jobs report.
That’s it for the Friday. We’ll close with Stevie Ray’s tribute to Hendrix that became nearly as famous as Jimi’s version: “Voodoo Chile (Slight Return).”