I was lucky enough to see Stevie Ray Vaughan perform in Atlanta, opening for Huey Lewis & the News. I left about halfway through Huey’s set.
Here are some tuneful midday news/views treats:
* Daniel Larison even more contemptuous of the idea of Lindsey Graham presidential run than I am.
* Hillary Clinton planning heavy fall midterm schedule to help Senate, gubernatorial and House candidates.
* Gallup survey shows Kansas as least conservative of ten most Republican states. So a relatively large number of actual “moderate Republicans.”
* At TNR Brian Beutler contrasts Reince Priebus’ claim that Republicans are standing on positive principles with trivia at forefront of several of their most prominent campaigns.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman runs through all the reasons Obama isn’t getting credit for improving the economy.
And in non-political news:
* Ducks upset by Arizona for second straight year.
As we break for lunch, here’s Stevie Ray performing “Cold Shot.”