At nearly 3:00 PM local time, fog just now burning off. October’s a weird weather month here.
Here are some remains of the day:
* David Ignatius argues Obama is in the process of upgrading the talent level in his administration.
* Halperin reports DSCC going very big into South Dakota with ads for Senate candidate Rick Weiland.
* At the Atlantic, Nora Caplan-Bricker suggests Colorado’s John Hicklenlooper being undermined by his self-deprecating style.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein thinks whatever trouble Republicans have in settling on a nominee in 2016, it won’t much matter in the general election.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports on a proposal from a New Jersey legislator to shut down for-profit colleges in the state if they don’t meet ambitious graduation standards.
And in non-political news:
* Hero: air tanker pilot fighting wildfire at Yosemite killed in crash.
That’s it for Wednesday. We’ll close with The Nighthawks performing “Moving Up In Class” in 1983.