When I was a state employee in Georgia, Columbus Day was an inscrutable annual holiday gift, since Italian-Americans were not thick on the ground. In D.C., however, it was basically a non-ethnic annual celebration of a big congressional recess. Go figure.
Here are some spicy midday news/views treats:
* New York Times reminds us whole premise of voter ID laws is a fraud.
* Global temperatures in September the hottest on record.
* South Dakota celebrating Native American Day, not Columbus Day.
* Jason Zengerle not a big fan of Alison Grimes’ Kentucky campaign.
And in non-political news:
* Big crowds at New York Comic Con.
As we break for lunch, here’s my favorite Paul Simon song: yes, it’s “Graceland.”