Glad to be back today to a part of the California Coast with consistent digital access and very few flies.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Libertarian candidate for Senate in Iowa dies in plane crash.
* Jonathan Chait argues cutting-edge crackdowns on campus rape are illiberal if legitimate.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein argues Democrats upset with polls aren’t emulating the “skewing” claims of Republicans in 2012, at least just yet.
* At College Guide, Andre Perry warns against descriptions of “at-risk” students that are just unsubtle substitutes for race.
And in non-political news:
* Macy’s announces it’s opening at 6:00 PM on Thanksgiving Day, continuing the encroachment on the holiday.
That’s it for Tuesday. We’ll close with another Cliff Richard performance, the unintentionally hallucinogenic title track from The Young Ones.