Big crashing waves on the Monterey Bay today. Used to fear I’d go crazy listening to that all the time. Now it’s a major source of sanity.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Wow. 2012 David Dewhurst For Senate campaign manager pleads guilty to embezzling $1.8 million from failing campaign. That’s a lot of desperate, ineffective ads that might have run.
* Colorado Democrats catch James O’Keefe trying to lure them into voting fraud.
* Big New York Times thumbsucker today from Michael Barbaro about Iowa experiencing big demographic changes. Not as startling as yesterday’s big National Journal thumbsucker about Des Moines being the next hipster capital.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman discusses the criminal charges filed against Mike Hubbard, the “Newt Gingrich of Alabama.”
* At College Guide, Andre Perry suggests Louisiana schools focus on epidemic of absenteeism rather than Ebola.
And in non-political news:
* Big brouhaha over Renee Zellweger’s new and very different face–er, look.
That’s it for Tuesday. We’ll close with Robin Trower’s great tribute to Jimi Hendrix, “Song For a Dreamer,” from Procol Harum’s Broken Barricades album.