Sorry I got a little bit bitter in my first substantive post this morning, but hey, it happens at this stage of an election cycle, when you imagine swing voters hearing for the first time the tedious “messages” you’ve been marinating in for many months.
Here are some sweeter midday news/views snacky-snackies:
* Poppy Bush demands that Michelle Nunn remove his photo (w/ the candidate) from campaign ad. Think this might have something to do with Jebbie’s future prospects?
* Jonathan Chait notes rural landowners unhappy with declining power still have the U.S. Senate as a redoubt.
* TPM’s Daniel Strauss reports on how IL GOP GOV candidate Bruce Rauner could be blowing slam-dunk election.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman calls John Kasich’s strange flipping and flopping on Obamacare a “cleansing ritual” for possible presidential candidate.
* BuzzFeed’s defense for poor trust numbers in Pew poll is that only 31% of respondents had ever heard of the site.
And in non-political news:
* World Series preview for those of us still vaguely objective about it.
As we break for lunch, here’s Robin Trower performing his best-known post-Procol Harum song, “Bridge of Sighs,” on BBC in 1975.