Having way too much fun watching Captain Beefheart videos, and wishing the techies hadn’t imposed a four-video-per-day limit on me.
Here are some brightly illuminated midday news/views treats:
* Paul Waldman looks at Joni Ernst’s remarks on using her gun against “the government” more charitably than I did, and suggests she be given chance to clarify, which I’m confident she will not take.
* Scott Brown lists occupation in recent campaign finance filing as Massachusetts state senator.
* Peter Beinart broadly reviews anti-democratic tradition behind voter suppression.
* Family tradition: Bristol Palin casts self as victim of liberal media bias due to publicity over Anchorage brawl.
And in non-political news:
* The long goodbye: More closures of Sears and Kmart stores.
As we break for lunch, here’s Beefheart and the Magic Band performing “Mirror Man” in 1974. Hadn’t seen this one until today; impressive harmonica work from the Captain.