Another morning featuring a few drops of rain. Kinda spooky.
Here are some toasty-dry midday news/views treats:
* Litigation over voter registration applications allegedly deep-sixed by Georgia’s Republican Secretary of State could be a big deal with very close Senate and gubernatorial races in the state.
* South Dakota Senate debate focused an awful lot of Gov. Mike Rounds’ shaky supervision of the EB-5 visa program in the state (dubbed by critics “cash for citizenship”).
* Dems reportedly pressing The Big Dog to frame the party’s closing message for 2014, as he did in 2012.
* TPM’s Sahil Kapur does a pre-election autopsy of the “spectacular implosion” of Monica Wehby’s Senate campaign in Oregon.
* Fascinating insider account from Ottawa about preparations MPs made for hand-to-hand combat with shooter.
And in non-political news:
* James Fallow derives lessons from a tragic mid-air collision of a small plane and a helicopter hear the Frederick, MD airport.
As we break for lunch, here’s Mott the Hoople with the 1972 anthem “One of the Boys.”