I’ve been having a quick bout of that Florida 2000 feeling of waking up in the morning and wondering if I the previous week’s events were a bad dream. No such luck then or now.
* Koo-Koo-Ka-Choo, Hillary Clinton, a party turns its lonely eyes to you.
* Frank Luntz first big-time Republican to warn GOP of over-interpreting midterms. He should know.
* In least surprising post-election development, Steve Israel quits as chair of D-Trip.
* Few headlines generated, but Republicans actually made important gains in southern legislatures.
* Ron Fournier appears to think the midterms were a referendum on Ron Fournier, which he won.
And in non-political news:
* Talk about a sad headline: “30 Years of ‘Like a Virgin.’”
As we break for lunch, here’s Living Colour performing “Broken Hearts” in 1988.