Had a healing weekend in which I barely had to talk about politics. Did congratulate one conservative friend, and told her to enjoy it while it lasted, which might not be that long.
Here are some Monday midday news/views snacks:
* Breitbart goes after the wrong Loretta Lynch, does hilarious “correction.”
* Pressure already mounting on congressional Republicans to use budget reconciliation process to “fully repeal Obamacare.” Won’t survive presidential veto, of course.
* NY GOPers angrily attacking Republican State Senate leader for “secret deal” with Andrew Cuomo, but it’s the guv most likely to get heat over the allegations.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman fears the worst about SCOTUS acceptance of Obamacare subsidy case.
* Russell Berman looks at the two gay Republican congressional nominees who didn’t “catch a wave” last Tuesday.
And in non-political news:
* Here comes winter already for upper midwest.
As we break for lunch, here’s Emerson Lake & Palmer’s cover of Sir Hubert Perry’s setting of William Blake’s poetic manifesto, “And Did Those Feet in Ancient Time.”