Just paid under three dollars a gallon for tank of gasoline, which is pretty low for California. And IEA says world oil prices should continue to fall. Good for economy, bad for planet.
Here are some remains of the day:
* House passes bill forcing approval of Keystone XL Pipeline 252-161. Senate vote set for Tuesday.
* Krugman explains the “free-rider” problem with global emissions standards and how the deal with China addresses it.
* At Ten Miles Square, James Wimberly discusses ways to consolidate the step forward represented by the U.S.-China climate change agreement.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer discusses Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s call for labor solidarity among college athletes.
And in non-political news:
* Pope Francis likely to come to New York next year for UN 70th anniversary.
That’s it for Friday. D.R. Tucker and David Atkins will be in for weekend blogging tomorrow. Let’s close with Garry Moore covering Hendrix’s “Red House.”