Watching the fog slowly lift over the Monterey Peninsula, I look forward to a relaxing weekend–then remember all the deadlines! At least the view will be good.
Here are some midday Friday news/views snacks to get you to Happy Hour:
* Matt Yglesias tells you everything you need to knowabout the “natural rate of unemployment” concept and why is makes economic policy chronically deflationary.
* Elizabeth Warren reportedly received “rock star’s welcome” when she showed up to speak to a Democracy Alliance rich-donor confab.
* Susan Crawford calls Obama’s positioning on net neutrality a defining “presidential moment.”
* Some interesting glimmers of hope that administration might find easy “workaround” to sustain Obamacare subsidies even if a hostile SCOTUS strikes them down.
* At the Atlantic, Alana Semuels examines the many “zombie subdivisions” in semi-abandoned suburbs left by the housing bust.
And in non-political news:
As we break for lunch, here’s more Garry Moore, performing “Parisienne Walkway” in Dublin in 2005.