Lotta deadlines today, but news cycle finally getting beyond post-election GOP gloating!
Here are some midday news/views items from the steam table:
* Rand Paul hires away digital guru Vincent Harris from Ted Cruz, whose 2012 campaign made Harris a very big deal. Interesting.
* Leahy bill ending the NSA’s bulk collections surveillance program to come to Senate floor where Mitch McConnell is threatening to kill it.
* Read the coded tweets Republican and “independent” groups used to coordinate information.
* Despite mostly-anoynmous grumbling, Pelosi re-elected leader of House Democrats on voice vote with no one opposing her.
* Michigan Republican legislators back to their games of trying to create split-electoral-vote system for 2016.
And in non-political news:
* Massive snow storm hits upstate New York.
As we break for lunch, here’s a song from the first Sleater-Kinney album I bought (All Hands On the Bad One), “You’re No Rock-N-Roll Fun.” Whisky drinks and chocolate bars!