Made me a giant bowl of pasta last week, and am still struggling to finish it off. Great excuse for over-indulging, though, including a side order of tasty naan.
Here are some less carb-heavy midday news/views treats:
* Obama will provide overview of immigration order tomorrow night; may wait to lay out details until Friday.
* Entirely possible grand jury decision involving prosecution–or more likely, non-prosecution–of Darren Wilson could come down at about the same time.
* And if you like betting on news trifectas, keep in mind the deadline for a deal with Iran on its nuclear program is Monday; not looking good.
* New roster of House committee chairs includes 19 white men, one white woman, one Portuguese-American man.
* U.S. DoE blasts “tracking” (a.k.a. “ability-grouping”) in public schools as “modern-day segregation.”
And in non-political news:
* Canadian bidnessman managed to run up $1100 wifi bill on London to Singapore.
As we break for lunch, here’s Badfinger with another classic: “The Name of the Game.”