It’s my wife’s birthday today. Happy happy, Dawn!
You can certainly make both of us happy by contributing what you can to keeping the lights on at the Washington Monthly. I really appreciate it.
Here are some midday news/views items:
* New York Times has 7-point summary of summary of torture report.
* Another summary of summary from former interrogator Mark Fallon: “Dick Cheney Was Lying.”
* And at the Prospect, Paul Waldman summarizes the various lines of defense used by torturers and their defenders.
* City of Portland sues Uber for evading taxi regulations.
* Delhi bans Uber outright after rape of passenger.
And in non-political news:
* It’s a Nor’easter!
As we break for lunch, here’s Junior Wells and Buddy Guy performing “Messin’ With the Kid” at Montreux in 1974.