Sorry I am a little behind schedule, but had to do two actual phone conversations…remember those? Some people don’t, just as they don’t remember reading a print magazine, either. Here at WaMo were are trying to offer a full-spectrum multi-generational array of print and virtual content that is fun and informative for all ages! Please donate what you can afford and we’ll try to keep our balance.
Here are some balanced midday news/views treats:
* AP announces enhanced coverage of state governments. If it’s real, that deserves three cheers.
* Speaking of AP, the service’s Ken Thomas gets Rand Paul on record calling the trade embargo of Cuba more or less pointless.
* Brother Benen notes other Republicans who are pleased with Obama’s shift, including those at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
* A refresher course on the suddenly very important U.S.-Cuba Democracy PAC, chief lobbying instrument for those opposing thaw in relations.
* Study shows a lot of people still think Colbert’s a conservative.
And in non-political news:
* “Naughtiest” city in America is–Milwaukee?
So in addition to this being Chas Chandler’s birthday, Keith Richards was also born on this day 71 years ago. As we break for lunch, here he is two years ago performing one of his distinctive and semi-autobiographical Stones songs, “Before They Make Me Run.”